To apply, contact HR@haltomind.com
We are looking for a Machine Operator/Genal Labor to set up, maintain and operate machinery. You’ll ensure the interminable and efficient running of production. A great machine operator is reliable and able to work with attention to detail and safety standards. On-the-job training is a good way to discover how to do the job better, so you should have willingness to learn and improve. Being a team player is essential since all tasks will require close collaboration with co-workers. The goal will be to ensure that production procedures will be carried on smoothly to maximize efficiency and profits.
- Set up machines (calibration, cleaning etc.) to start a production cycle
- Control and adjust machine settings (e.g., speed)
- Feed raw material or parts to semi-automated machines
- Inspect parts with precision and measuring tools
- Test operation of machines periodically
- Fix issues that might occur during the shift
- Check output to spot any machine-related mistakes or flaws
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
- Maintain activity logs
- Proven experience as a machine operator
- Working knowledge of diverse high-speed machinery and measurement tools (caliper, micrometer etc.)
- Understanding of production procedures
- Adherence to health and safety regulations (e.g. constant use of protective gear)
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Physical stamina and strength
- High school diploma or equivalent; technical degree is a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Roll Forming Supervisor
- Successful candidates will possess at least 5 years of leadership in management or supervisory role.
- High school
- Secondary or college preferred
- Roll forming background
- Sheet metal and metal fabrication background
- The Manager is responsible for managing day to day fabrication processes in the fabrication shops and must ensure compliance with the company quality system to maintain high standards of quality, reliability, safety, and customer requirements. Candidate must be able to take on the following responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of manufacturing and warehouse operations including maintenance, order flow, scheduling, QC, employee performance and shipping/receiving
- Work efficiently in a fast pace and rapidly changing environment
- Coordinate schedules for production and shipping
- Build and participate in a positive, cohesive team environment
- Maintain accurate production, shipping, and quality control records
- Ensuring that all shop employees follow documented instructions given on the shop orders to control product quality throughout the manufacturing process.
- Managing and controlling welding consumables and shop supplies in accordance with the company Quality System and consumable manufacturer requirements.
- Administering & documenting the training of employees on new roll forming, welding processes, fabrication techniques and according to shop operating procedures.
- Administering and documenting weekly safety meetings as they relate to fabrication.
- Interfacing with third party inspectors as required per quality requirements.
- Must have a good understanding of welding processes used in the manufacturing process.
- Must have good computer skills and knowledge of computer software (Windows, Word, Excel, ERP Shop E2, Etc.)
- Must have a good understanding of production planning and scheduling
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills
- Good leadership and management skills are a must
- Self-motivated and can manage projects and problem solve on a regular basis
- Interface directly with customers and present a positive company image
- Direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the production or processing of goods
- Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production
- Conduct employee training in equipment operations
- Interpret specifications, blueprints, job orders
- Salary commensurate with skills, abilities, and experience
- Apply Here
Key Job Responsibilities
- Must understand how to set-up and support the Preventative Maintenance (PM) program with a goal of continually reducing unscheduled downtime.
- You will analyze problems and interpret technical information necessary to make required repairs (troubleshooting of equipment issues).
- You will perform mechanical, electrical maintenance and repairs on production machinery and facility support equipment.
- You will inspect, operate, and test machinery or equipment to diagnose machine malfunction and validate work performed.
- You will ensure safety by following all company policies including safety rules, procedures and Lock-out / Tag-out procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), personal safety standards, as well as OSHA standards.
- You will troubleshoot equipment as well as plant electrical/mechanical systems and develop sustainable solutions accordingly.
- You will complete all assigned work orders within the time allotted. Maintain complete records of work performed using software, work orders, detailed logs and have good communication skills across all groups/departments.
- You will assist with equipment change overs and line startups, troubleshooting issues as needed.
- You will identify required parts, maintain current inventories and parts reorder lists.
- You will assure that all products are manufactured to the highest standard of quality.
- You will grow maintenance and leadership skill sets through assigned training.
- You will troubleshoot and repair electromechanical systems, electrical motors, electrical motor controls, pumps, combustion systems, compressed air systems, basic plumbing, piping, bearings, seals, gaskets gear boxes, sprockets/chains, belts, clutches, bearings, brakes, power transmissions.
- You will use all power tools, hand tools, drill presses, shop tools, etc.
- You will read and interpret documents (electrical prints, schematics, diagrams, etc.) in English such as safety rules, operating and maintenance manuals, procedure manuals and instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- You will work from drawings, schematics, sketches and through verbal communication.
- You can learn and Manufacturing Standards, including lean tools, concept of continuous improvement, Reliability, process capability and operational discipline.
- You will identify and record department KPI data.
- Additional responsibilities and duties as assigned by Plant Manager.
Key Behavioral Competencies
- You have a strong analytical ability to gather and interpret data, in situations where the problems are somewhat complex (dealing with people, procedures and equipment).
- You work well in a team-based environment, have solid interpersonal skills, and you are not averse to change and report to supervision the status of each as needed.
- You must be able to perform basic math and computer skills; referred to process work orders and associated maintenance documentation.
- You act with a Continuous Improvement (CI) mindset: focus on improving efficiencies while decreasing waste, also provides suggestions to improve processes and participates on team projects.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- 5 years industrial maintenance experience in a manufacturing/fabrication processing environment. A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
- Electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic troubleshooting knowledge.
- Programmable Logic Control troubleshooting experience is preferred.
- Welding, roll forming, stamping, and building maintenance experience.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, stack/unstack or carry, stand and/or stoop for prolonged periods of time (except for break and lunch periods), climb, perform repetitive motions, and work in a dusty, loud, and hot environment. Occasional exposure to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme heat; and vibration.
- Must have good written and oral English language communication skills.
- Must wear required personal protective equipment (PPE).
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.